search results

St Columba's Church - Long Tower

Print

St Columba's Church - Long Tower

Suitability: Everyone, Disabled Access
W: http://www.longtowerchurch.org
T: 028 7126 2301
E: longtower@derrydiocese.org


Tradition places Columba’s monastery of Daire Cailcig in this spot where St Columba’s Church now
stands. On this hill is the site of the Dubh Regles (546 AD). The Black Church of Columba and also
the first great cathedral of Derry, the Teampall Mor which was built in 1164. The church gave its
name to the present city parish of Templemore. The present church was opened in 1909 and was
decorated with many fine artworks including a series of stained glass windows depicting scenes
from the life of St Columba.

Opening Times: Daily 8.30am-8pm

price

This is free event

59-61 Long Tower Street BT48 6UL

http://www.longtowerchurch.org



Back to Listings
Search What's On